Jeweled Pancake Muffins - Puffins
"I love pancakes, but I hate everyone else eating fresh pancakes while I am still flipping them, especially if the ones left for me are the first ones i made. . .i.e cold. This recipe ensures that all the 'Puffins' are done at once. You can add a plethora of mix-ins like fresh fruit or a staple in our house Reese's Pieces®. These are really good with a side of maple syrup, or even melted butter; however, plain is good too. I really like them without the mix-ins and peanut butter on top."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 243 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (24 mini muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 24 mini-muffin cups.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Stir buttermilk, egg, syrup, and butter together in a separate large bowl until just combined; add flour mixture and stir with a spoon until just combined and no lumps remain. Fold peanut butter pieces into the mixture; spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool in the pans for 3 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- These are great made the night before for a quick breakfast. Just pop a few in the microwave or toaster oven or eat cold.
- If you put in coined sausages, try sprinkling a bit of shredded Cheddar cheese on top.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 8.8 g fat; 35.2 g carbohydrates; 6.5 g protein; 42 mg cholesterol; 379 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1