Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 237 cals
- Whisk 1 cup lemon juice, olive oil, and marjoram together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil until almost burned on each side and no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle chicken breasts with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Cook's Note:
- If preferred you can cook the chicken for the last few minutes in the marinade; just make sure the marinade comes to a boil.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 11.7 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 26.8 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 64 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The flavors were good - lemon was prominent but not overpowering, and the seasoning tasted good with the lemon. These came out moist and tender. The only changes I made were to marinate it in ...
Very flavorful! I added a little basil but that was really the only change I made. Leftovers were great on salad the next day.