Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 337
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Fry onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is transparent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir black beans, chicken stock, and sage leaves with the onion mixture; add just enough water to the saucepan to cover the beans completely. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the beans are soft, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard sage leaves.
- Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid in place; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and place over low heat.
- Stir 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and butter into the soup; cook and stir until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and stir cream into the soup until smooth. Garnish with green onion and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add the rind from your fresh Parmesan cheese to the soup when you add the sage leaves for a more-intense Parmesan flavor. Remove and discard along with the sage.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 12.8 40.2 17.2 28 1180 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1