Scrumptious Sausage and Raisin Appetizer Balls
"Perfect warm, hearty and easy app for cold weather breakfasts, holiday meal gatherings or football weekends. These are also easy enough for the kids to help with. Serve with picks and optional sour cream dollops or dipping sauce. Sour cream is an unlikely, but delicious garnish and dipping option."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 138 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix sausage, raisins, and basil together in a bowl; roll into walnut-size balls. Arrange balls on a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with sides; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove sheet from oven, drain fat, re-roll balls if needed, and sprinkle with more paprika. Continue baking until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Drain.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use regular raisins, but don't. Goldens are so much better if you have them.
- If you double recipe, use 1 pound sage sausage and 1 pound regular.
Per Serving: 138 calories; 9.8 g fat; 6.2 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 406 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1