Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 294 cals
- Beat cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Pour melted butter into a separate shallow bowl. Mix remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a third shallow bowl.
- Spread even amounts of the cream cheese mixture onto one side of each bread slice. Roll the bread into a cylinder around the cream cheese filling. Brush melted butter around the outside of each cylinder and roll the cylinders in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- Arrange the rolls in a dish, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Transfer frozen rolls to a baking dish and bake in preheated oven until hot in the center, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per Serving: 294 calories; 11.4 g fat; 43 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 45 mg cholesterol; 417 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Added some very ripe raspberries to the cream cheese filling and baked for 15 minutes. Not sure exactly why the roll-ups need to be frozen (maybe keeps the filling from oozing out?), but I froz...
so I look to eat different things and when I saw this recipe I just had to try it. I used mixed berry cream cheese and mixed fruit and it was amazing. my sister even made them and she can't even...
I didn't roll my in cinnamon-sugar but instead in a typical French Toast mixture (eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla). Then right to a fry pan in butter. You can almost top them with anything. I ...