Ingredients2 h servings 171
- Process soy sauce, water, maple syrup, garlic, and ginger together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour oil into a baking dish. Place tempeh on top of oil and pour soy sauce mixture over tempeh. Cover dish with aluminum foil and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake tempeh, covered with aluminum foil, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil, increase heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and continue baking until tempeh is slightly brown, about 15 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute shoyu or tamari sauce for the soy sauce, honey for the maple syrup, and grapeseed oil for the olive oil.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 9.5 13.1 11 0 458 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I’m in agreement with the other reviews. The flavor is lacking something and the texture is very dry. I did try increasing the garlic, but it didn’t really help. Maybe it needs something tart li...
I agree with Jordan. Did you ever figure out what needed to be included to give it a bit more pizzazz? Do you think swapping out the olive oil with sesame oil would help?