Ingredients3 d 25 m servings 191 cals
- Measure 1 cup beet juice from reserved juice.
- Combine 1 cup beet juice, sugar, vinegar, cloves, salt, pepper, and bay leaves in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Place beets and eggs into a large bowl. Pour beet juice mixture over beets and eggs. Refrigerate for 3 days. Drain and discard pickling liquid.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise and scoop yolks into a bowl. Mix mayonnaise, relish, and mustard into egg yolks until smooth. Spoon egg yolk filling back into each egg white. Serve beets and eggs on a platter.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 9.1 g fat; 20.8 g carbohydrates; 6.8 g protein; 214 mg cholesterol; 463 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Did not have the flavor I expected. It was more of a standard deviled egg, with a chewy vinegar outside.
Great idea, and they look so pretty! The eggs were too sweet for my taste, and I don't care for the clove and bay leaf in the pickling marinade, but you could make this with any beet-pickled eg...
I love eggs pickled in beet juice and also deviled eggs. I never thought of combining them. This sounds so good. I have the eggs on now to give this recipe a try. Hope I can wait the three days!!