What I Did With Quinoa
"This is a protein-packed main dish. Especially good for Lap-Band® recipients. I can no longer eat rice and am always looking to increase my protein intake. This recipe is tweaked from another. I liked it so much, I decided to share it. Check it out. This is my first time writing a recipe. Hope I did it well. Happy eating!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 589
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak quinoa in a bowl of water for 20 minutes; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat; saute onion, red bell pepper, and garlic until soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth, quinoa, 1/4 cup onion mixture, 1/4 cup sofrito, 1 teaspoon cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover saucepan with a lid, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir corn into quinoa mixture and cook until corn is warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken, adobo seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt, and pepper together until chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa mixture, remaining onion mixture, black beans, and 1/2 cup sofrito into chicken mixture; cook until heated through, 2 to 3 more minutes.
Per Serving: 589 calories; 18.3 64 43.6 69 734 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1