Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 325 cals
- Heat about 1/4 cup olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir Italian sausage in hot oil until about half browned, about 5 minutes. Add carrots, celery, and onion; continue to cook and stir until the sausage is completely browned, about 5 minutes more. Drain and discard some of the fat if you find it too greasy.
- Stir potatoes into the sausage mixture, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the potatoes begin to soften, about 7 minutes more.
- Pour chicken broth and water into the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a flat-edged spoon. Add tomatoes and again bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the potatoes are completely soft, about 15 minutes.
- Stir zucchini and kale into the liquid; simmer until zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cannellini beans and ditalini pasta into the liquid; cook until pasta is tender, about 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese and splash of olive oil.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 14.9 g fat; 35.3 g carbohydrates; 12.8 g protein; 19 mg cholesterol; 906 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very good in the end, but I had to play with this a bit. First, for me this needed garlic and fresh herbs (and a good glug of red wine). Second, I found additional broth preferable to the wate...
This is seriously one of the best meals I've ever tasted! Will be in heavy rotation all year round and am sharing the recipe with all of my friends & family. Kale didn't look fresh at the store ...
This is really tasty. The only thing I would do differently is add the zucchini with the pasta, so it doesn't cook too long. I personally prefer it with a little snap.