Ingredients55 m servings 929 cals
- Place feed shaft, blade, and 1/4-inch die of meat grinder in the freezer until well-chilled. Arrange beef sirloin, beef chuck, and beef brisket chunks on rimmed baking sheet, leaving space between each piece and freeze for 10 minutes until meat is firm, but not frozen.
- Combine beef and pass meat through grinder twice. Shape ground meat evenly into four patties about 2 inches thick and 5 inches wide. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Brush kaiser buns with melted butter.
- Arrange bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Toast buns on the preheated grill until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Place beef patties on the grill and cook until burgers are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Top each patty with a slice of Cheddar cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Stir mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, dill pickle, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl; spread mixture over toasted buns. Place patties on prepared kaiser buns and season with salt and pepper. Top burgers with 4 slices bacon, 2 slices tomato, and 1 lettuce leaf.
- Cook's Note:
- Burgers can be prepared in a cast-iron skillet or broiled, but grilling is best!
Per Serving: 929 calories; 70 g fat; 27 g carbohydrates; 46.8 g protein; 159 mg cholesterol; 2060 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
WOW! I've never ground my own beef for burgers, but with it being such a beautiful day today (finally!), I wanted to try something special. These were simple enough to make and you could really ...
This recipe tastes good, but I feel it misses the point; a delicious blend of tasty beef. Be simple. When I make this blend, I toast the buns and spread mayo on the bottom half of each bun fol...