Ingredients7 h 20 m servings 339
- Combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, white sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl until evenly mixed. Rub spice mixture over pork. Cover pork with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Place the pork into a slow cooker and add enough water to just cover the pork. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer pork to a large bowl and shred with 2 forks; discard any bone, skin, and excess fat. Drain and reserve cooking liquid from the slow cooker. Return shredded pork to the slow cooker and stir in barbeque sauce.
- Reduce heat to Low and cook for 2 more hours. Add enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten the pork to taste.
- Cook's Note:
- To cook in the oven, place pork into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish, fat-side up. Add a little water to keep the pork moist. Bake in the oven until very tender, about 5 hours.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 17.4 26 18.8 72 1319 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Omit the WATER! Instead use broth, cider, soda- anything but water. Water pulls out all of the flavor and juices out of meat. (Just think, which is better, boiled chicken or grilled chicken?...
Yummy really yummy. I left my 7lb pork shoulder in the crock pot on low for almost 12 hours. It feel apart with just one touch and was full of flavor even before I put the bbq sauce in. I served...
I did use apple juice instead of water. That was all I had. It is an excellent recipe. Wonderful flavour and very tender.
I made this for Super Bowl Sunday last weekend. I seasoned and left in the fridge overnight. Other reviews suggested using apple juice instead of water - so that's what I did. It just fell ap...
Really loved it! I did tweak it a little but followed pretty close. Scored a pork loin then added rub all over, wrapped it in plastic wrap and let it sit in the frig for 24 hours, then browned i...
This was a big hit with my family. I cooked it with root beer instead of water and it came out extremely moist.
I’m giving this five stars, but I tweaked it. I don’t follow recipes exactly! I did not use the white sugar & up’d the brown sugar. I rarely measure things! Seasonings were up’d too. I cooked th...