Vanilla Coffee Liqueur Eggnog
made it | 0 reviews |
"Rich eggnog with vanilla and Kahlua make a festive holiday drink."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 506 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk egg yolks in a small saucepan or top of a double boiler. Add evaporated milk and condensed milk. Stir until well blended. Strain to remove any unblended egg yolk. Return mixture to saucepan.
- Scrape the seeds of vanilla pod into the egg and milk mixture.
- In a larger saucepan or bottom of double boiler, bring 2 cups water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Place the small saucepan or top of double boiler over the simmering water. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat, and pour into another bowl. Whisk briskly to cool to room temperature. Mix in Kahlua.
- Pour into a clean glass bottle and chill before serving. This eggnog keeps for about a week in the fridge.
- This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe. Making Your Eggs Safe http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Making-Your-Eggs-Safe/Detail.aspx
Per Serving: 506 calories; 14 g fat; 58.8 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 194 mg cholesterol; 159 mg sodium. Full nutrition