Ingredients3 h servings 270 cals
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine the oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl; stir to combine.
- Place both types of oats in a large bowl; stir to combine. Add the oil/syrup/spice mixture and stir until oats are evenly coated. Spread oat mixture on a rimmed baking sheet or large jelly roll pan.
- Place oats in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Immediately turn off the oven and leave the granola inside to finish baking (do not open the oven door). Allow oats to "slow bake" as the oven cools, at least 2 1/2 hours or overnight.
- When cool, break up large clumps of oats. Serve the granola with coconut milk beverage or sprinkle on coconut milk yogurt.
- Store leftover granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Blog: Go Dairy Free - http://www.godairyfree.org/news/breakfast-cereal-recipes
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitutions: You can use grapeseed oil instead of coconut oil. And you can use your favorite sweetener in place of the maple syrup (agave nectar, brown rice syrup).
Per Serving: 270 calories; 12.1 g fat; 36.6 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 52 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
As a person who cooks all my family's food from scratch I absolutely love the way this recipe is cooked. No fuss or muss, I make a batch while doing the dishes so that I am right there to turn ...
Best recipe ever!! Of course add nuts, seeds, spices and fruit to your liking, but this recipe is fantastic! Perfect, crunchy clusters. No burning. No icky over roasted bitter flavour I used to ...
I used butter, increased the vanilla to 1tsp because it is so yummy and the rest was easy. All in my family loved this. And the bake for only 10 min then oven off and off to bed is great! Thank ...
This is an excellent recipe with lots of room for variation. For mine, I add chopped almonds, cashews, and flaxseeds, and I bump the salt up to 1/4 tsp. because salty granola is delicious. =) It...
Ok. This actually works! I was skeptical. It's an easy energy conserving way to make granola. I did substitute butter for the coconut oil and honey for the maple syrup. I also changed the oven t...
GREAT!!!! and soooo easy. i added flax seeds, walnuts and organic cranberry. ps i used steel cut oats. ++++for the energy conservation. i have with almond milk for a "slow carb" anytime meal...
I'm making a second time right now! I didn't have nutmeg, so I added almond extract. I also added a little flax seed that didn't affect it at all but gives extra nutrition. It's just so easy and...