Deep Dish Ontario Apple Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 414 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch deep dish pie)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Whisk 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons flour, and salt together in a large bowl; whisk in sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in apples; turn apple mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove pie from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle crumble topping evenly over pie.
- Bake pie until apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool before serving, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Our family makes a version adapted to be diabetic friendly. We use 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda®) for 3/4 cup brown sugar in the pie filling, and 1/3 cup granulated brown sugar substitute (Splenda®) for 1/2 cup brown sugar in the topping.
Per Serving: 414 calories; 18.7 g fat; 59.2 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 327 mg sodium. Full nutrition