Ingredients45 m servings 737 cals
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk together the coriander, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, grill seasoning, paprika, and turmeric in a bowl; whisk in juice of 1/2 lemon, garlic, and 3 tablespoons olive oil to form a paste. Coat the chicken breasts with the spice paste.
- Grill chicken breasts on the preheated grill until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink at the center, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and cool for 1 to 2 minutes; slice thinly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir onion, red pepper, and yellow pepper into the hot olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together Greek yogurt, tahini, juice of remaining 1/2 lemon, and remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a bowl until smooth; season with salt.
- Place pitas on the grill until heated through and lightly charred on the outside, about 1 minute per side. To assemble each sandwich, place some sliced chicken on each pita; top with some of the pepper mixture and a good dollop of yogurt tahini sauce.
Per Serving: 737 calories; 39.6 g fat; 46.4 g carbohydrates; 49.1 g protein; 114 mg cholesterol; 1133 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This was very good... the chicken seasoning was stellar, the yogurt sauce quite good and the peppers and onions gave a nice crunch. Make sure you use lots of the sauce.. the pita bread tends to ...
I used the spice mixture to marinate some precooked chicken meatballs. I cut the meatballs in half and coated all sides with the marinade, let them marinate for 2 hours and then sautèed them in ...
My husband just put in an order for this for every day of the week. I had to leave out the cardamon, because I didn’t have any, marinated the chicken for a few hours in the rub and I added some ...
Very tasty. The recipe looks daunting due to all of the spices, but it comes together quickly. It's a good substitute for the street food, but it was missing something - maybe just the atmosph...
This went over very well in our house. I was fun to make on the grill and very well liked. Also I like to show my family the world via the dinner plate.