Delicious Vegan Spelt Muffins
Ingredients40 m servings 206 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk together spelt flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir together bananas, oil, and sugar in a separate bowl. Stir banana mixture into spelt mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened; divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cook's Notes:
- These muffins come out very golden and a little bit crispy on top compared to other softer muffins. Make sure to check with a toothpick that the inside has cooked through before removing from the oven.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 cup fresh or dried fruit to the basic muffin batter.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 9.8 g fat; 28 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 158 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I'm going to rate these muffins first based on MY taste as a non-vegan, and then when my vegan niece comes and tries them, I'll make an addition to this review as to her viewpoint. This was my ...
Really really good recipe. :) I made a double batch and swapped a 1/2 cup of honey out for the white sugar. Thanks Mandi!
Pretty good! I used softened butter instead of sunflower oil, and added chopped pecans and chopped carrots.