Ingredients50 m servings 225 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Place diced sweet potato into a small pan with enough water to cover, bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain sweet potato; set aside to cool.
- Whisk together spelt flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir together bananas, oil, and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into spelt mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened; fold in dates and sweet potato. Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cook's Note:
- You can replace the sweet potato and dates with other delicious combinations. Pear and walnut are also a particularly delicious combo.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 9.9 g fat; 32.8 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 161 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I thought there would not be enough moisture before mixing these, but there was plenty! I subbed 1/4 cup honey for the sugar, and used raisins instead of dates. My 1/2 sweet potato measured 1 ...
This was a very delicious, moist & satisfying muffin...vegan or not! I did use a whole sweet potato, instead of a half. My husband, who is not vegan, loved these!
Oh my gosh!! I was just sitting here thinking, "Man I would sure love one of those spelt sweet potato muffins from Kensington Market..." and then I Google and found this recipe!!! I'm so stinkin...
Delicious! I only followed the measurements and swapped most of the ingredients. I used millet flour instead of spelt, maple syrup instead of white sugar, coconut oil instead of sunflower oil, a...