Butternut Squash Paleo 'Porridge'
Ingredients1 h servings 242
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash halves, cut-side up, in a baking dish; fill dish with 1/4 inch of water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until softened, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool squash.
- Scoop squash flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Stir coconut milk and cinnamon into squash; top with walnuts.
- Cook's Notes:
- If desired, smear open side of butternut squash with butter or ghee before baking. Butternut squash can also be cooked in the microwave.
- More coconut milk may be needed depending on the size of the squash.
- Nutmeg may also be a complementary spice with the cinnamon.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 6 49.9 4.9 0 22 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I "cheated" and purchased pre-cut butternut squash cubes at Trader Joe's. I cooked them for 5 minutes in a covered bowl in the microwave. Then I mashed them with a fork , added the rest of the...
It was amazing! I would suggest cubing and microwaving rather than baking though. I baked mine for over an hour and it was still too hard. This recipe takes longer to prepare than a traditional ...