Baked Potato Latkes
Ingredients20 m servings 219
- Pour potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, ground peppercorns, flour, and eggs into a bowl, respectively. Fold mixture together with a rubber spatula until ingredients are well coated with egg and garlic, salt, and pepper are evenly mixed throughout. Break up any large potato chunks.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Form latke dough into baseball-size balls and flatten into 1-inch thick rounds.
- Working in batches, place latkes in hot oil and cook until edges are a rich brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip latkes using a slotted spoon and cook until crisp and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 11 25.6 5.3 74 731 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
For as simple as the ingredients sound, these were delicious! I did use leftover mashed potatoes that were mashed w/ butter, milk and s&p, so I had to add a bit more flour. These were super flav...
I always make extra potatoes so I have enough to make these for breakfast. I make a wetter mix and spoon onto a griddle , lightly coated with bacon grease and brown, flip, brown. Much easier t...
7-3-2016 ~I backed off on the onion a bit as the amount called for was more than I would have cared for. Also, I did not use primo extra virgin olive oil for this - common vegetable oil did t...
These were really delicious. I've tried making latkes before but was always disappointed with the results. These were spot on. I only had green onions so I sliced them thin and added them, al...
This was a very good recipe and I will use it in the future. Only change I would make (and did make after first attempt) was starting with "baseball-sized balls." This just made them to big and ...
Yummy, I used regular pepper. Great for a new dinner side dish. My potatoes were left overs with some butter and milk whipped in.
These were amazing. It was so awesome to make latkes without having to take out my food processor/blender. I basically made mashed potatoes and then followed this recipe. They were delicious. ...