Super Baconator Cupcakes
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 341
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and crumble. Measure 1 1/2 cups bacon pieces and reserve the rest for garnish.
- Stir flour, sugar, chocolate chips, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; make a well in the center. Whisk coffee, buttermilk, bacon grease, and eggs together in a separate bowl; pour into the flour mixture well. Stir until batter is just combined; fold in reserved 1 1/2 cups bacon. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the muffin tin set on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir confectioners' sugar, maple extract, and vanilla extract into creamed butter mixture until frosting is smooth.
- Arrange cooled cupcakes on a serving platter and spread frosting over each cupcake; sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
Per Serving: 341 calories; 16.5 43.7 6.4 46 447 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was a great recipe but I did make a few changes I used regular flour and sugar and I lowered the amount of sea salt and I used white chocolate chips . but I think next time I may leave them...
I am excited to try this recipe! I love the warning, however, I am not looking for a healthy recipe, I have been searching all evening for a tasty bacon cupcake recipe and came across your comm...
Was not sure I would like this recipe but made them for my husband's birthday as he is a bacon lover. The bacon is not overpowering and the maple cream cheese frosting is the perfect compliment...
I loved these cupcakes. I love sugar and coffee and bacon and it was just so deliciously unhealthy for me! It's a wonderful treat for myself! The only thing that stops me from giving it a five s...