Don't Waste the Pulp Quiche!
"For juicer owners only. We've been juicing everyday for the past couple weeks, I felt bad throwing the pulp away. I love quiche, now all juicer owners can experience this great recipe. You can juice your favorite veggies or try out mine. You can also chop chicken breast and add to it. Don't forget, drink your juice while preparing! I like to bake it the night before. This recipe is for 1 deep-dish pie dish or 2 regular pie dishes. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 169 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish.
- Run beet, carrots, cucumber, celery, spinach, and garlic through juicer according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer pulp to a bowl and mix in onion.
- Whisk yogurt, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, egg whites, and egg together in a separate bowl. Fold pulp mixture and chicken into egg mixture; pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the vegetable pulp and juice. Only the pulp is used in this recipe.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 6.7 g fat; 11.7 g carbohydrates; 16.2 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 354 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1