Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 82
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Spread butternut squash cubes onto a baking sheet; season with 1 teaspoon salt and cinnamon.
- Roast squash in preheated oven until fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir curry powder and a few dashes salt into the oil. Saute apple and onion in the seasoned coconut oil until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth and almond milk into the pot; add butternut squash and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 20 minutes; season with salt.
- Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid in place; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 82 calories; 2.3 15.7 1.4 0 505 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I made the recipe exactly as written. It was a perfect combination of flavors and my family loved it! Will definitely make it again.
Delicious! I never had butternut soup before so I really wasn't sure what to expect. Made it per the recipe the first time, but the 2nd time, instead of broth, I used apple cider to make ...
It was really tasty. I added a little to much cinnamon, next time i make it i will dial that back just a touch and it will be absolutely delicious.
I substituted one cup of apple juice for the broth and I think it made the soup too sweet. Next time I'll follow the recipe because the apple and almond milk are sweet enough. It was still good,...
Really a great soup! Eight servings is really probably four unless each is a small cup of soup. I would double the recipe next time so there are leftovers. This is definitely a keeper!
This recipe has wonderful flavor as specified. I made it according to the instructions, but used more squash, as I defrosted and used 6 cups that I had in the freezer. It was quite thick and I...