Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 177 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking pan.
- Stir buttermilk and baking soda together in a bowl until dissolved and foaming.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat the first egg into butter mixture until completely blended; beat in the second egg until incorporated.
- Whisk flour and cocoa powder together in a bowl. Beat flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk mixture, into creamed butter mixture using an electric mixer until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake for 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 2.4 g fat; 35.9 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 169 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had a cup of buttermilk to use up, so I made some cupcakes, shortening the baking time to 15 - 20 minutes. They were moist and tasty and the only change I will make next time is to increase th...
I really liked this cake. Easy to mix up and very tasty; I do like my cakes a lot more chocolate so I may have to use more cocoa next time.