Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 288
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat shortening, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture.
- Pour 1/4 cup white sugar into a shallow bowl. Wrap each chocolate kiss in about 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough and shape into a ball. Roll the dough ball in sugar to coat. Place each ball about 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until chocolate softens and cookie is set, about 6 minutes. Flatten cookies immediately by pressing on them with the bottom of a glass.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract for the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- You can try several variations: mix mini chocolate chips into the dough before forming the dough into balls; flatten the dough balls with a sugar-coated glass bottom before baking and press a few candy-coated chocolate pieces in the top; bake the cookies without kisses and press the kisses into the cookie immediately after baking.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 15.2 35.3 4.6 15 209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Before you make this recipe, keep in mind the serving size is off. If you make this recipe as written without adjusting the servings, you should get about three dozen (36) cookies. I rolled my d...