Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 791
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 pound cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until creamy. Add marzipan. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat half-and-half into butter mixture.
- Stir 1 cup of flour mixture into the butter mixture. Stir in milk. Add another 1 cup flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir milk into mixture. Add remaining flour mixture and stir in orange juice. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and give batter a final mix. Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 90 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I used this for mini cupcakes. I reduced the baking time to 15 minutes.
- You can substitute brown sugar for the white sugar.
Per Serving: 791 calories; 42.8 95.7 9.2 213 424 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 2