Quick Brazilian Lemonade
"Tasty lemonade with a creamy twist. I love this summertime treat, it hits the spot on hot days. Typically this drink is made with sweetened condensed milk, but using cream of coconut instead not only gives it more tropical flavor, but also makes it a dairy-free treat. Limes, not lemons you wonder? That is simply how Brazilian 'lemonade' is made."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 214
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir water and sugar together in a bowl until sugar dissolves; chill in refrigerator.
- Cut ends off of each lime and cut each lime into 8 segments.
- Working in batches, pulse sugar-water and lime wedges together in a blender several times. Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher.
- Stir cream of coconut into lime mixture.
- Cook's Note:
- Since this doesn't sit well, if you don't plan to serve this right away you can get the rest ready and refrigerate it until you are ready to mix in the cream of coconut and serve.
- Not familiar with cream of coconut? Look for it to be sold in cans around the mixed drink section since it is often used for pina coladas. Don't confuse with coconut cream; cream of coconut is much sweeter.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 3.4 49.1 0.3 0 18 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3