Quick and Easy Chunky Microwave Maple Cinnamon Apple/Pear Sauce
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 118
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine Cortland apples, Golden Delicious apples, and Bartlett pears together in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Add water, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the apple-pear mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and cut a 1-inch slot in the center of the plastic wrap to allow steam to escape.
- Cook apple mixture in the microwave on high for 10 minutes. Carefully remove and discard plastic wrap. Stir apple mixture. Cook in the microwave on high until fruit is hot and tender, another 6 minutes.
- Stir maple syrup into fruit mixture. Cool completely before refrigerating.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you like your fruit mixture smooth, mash with a fork or potato masher.
Per Serving: 118 calories; 0.3 31.6 0.6 0 3 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I am the submitter of this recipe. If you want to lessen the calories a little bit more, you can omit the maple syrup and it still comes out great! I have even added 1 tsp. apple pie spice inst...