Ingredients8 h 55 m servings 304
- Using a sharp knife, poke a few holes into the pork and stuff holes with half of the crushed garlic. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the pork and brown on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the meat to a slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend for a few seconds until evenly combined. Place the pork in the slow cooker. Pour the liquid mixture over the pork, and let the pork marinate in the mixture for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Turn the slow cooker on low, and set the timer for 8 hours. After 8 hours, remove pork and shred using two forks on a large cutting board. Remove all the liquid from the slow cooker except for 1 cup of the cooking liquid and add pork back to pot. Let it cook another 15 to 30 minutes.
- Serve the shredded pork over lettuce wraps or in corn tortillas, and top with pico de gallo, chopped cilantro and/or avocado.
- *Please note that if you're unfamiliar with tying a roast with kitchen twine, ask your butcher to pre-tie the roast in the store.
- **You can substitute 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice for 4 oranges, juiced.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 18.9 9 26.1 81 927 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Had the Puerto Rican shredded pork about 6 months ago and everyone at the dinner table was in awe if this chef. Lol. Served over bib lettuce with pico d' galo and avocado. FB fans requested...
Did not sear meat. Used 8 oz orange juice for 4 juiced oranges and used 4 oz lime juice for 4 juiced limes. Put all ingredients in crockpot to cook. Will update star rating later.
I also did not sear the meat, just trimmed all the fat off. Used orange juice instead of fresh oranges. Made this for burritos and my very picky eaters, 6 & 7 y/o, loved it! They even wanted lef...
This was pretty easy to make. You may want to cut back a little on the cumin as it may be overpowering. We topped this over brown rice with fresh pico de gallo.
Used a sirloin tip roast. The only change I made, doubled the limes. Very tender,not fatty at all, moist and tender. Pulled pork requiring no additional sauce or condiment.