RITZ Hazelnut Gelato Sandwich
Ingredients8 h servings 103 cals
- Lay out 3 or 4 RITZ Crackers, salted side down, on a parchment-line baking sheet. Quickly scoop 1 tablespoon gelato onto each cracker. Top each with a RITZ cracker. Press down lightly to flatten gelato to extend to cracker edges; wipe off excess and immediately place in the freezer until frozen solid, about 3 hours. Repeat with remaining crackers and gelato to make 25 sandwiches.
- When the sandwiches are frozen, melt chocolate on top of a double boiler.
- In small batches and working quickly, dip sandwiches halfway into melted chocolate. Immediately dip chocolate half into chopped nuts. Place sandwiches back into the freezer. Freeze 2 to 3 hours to set.
- Note: this recipe takes several hours to assemble and freeze as you need time to make sure your sandwiches are frozen properly. When working with gelato or ice cream, work with a few sandwiches at a time for best results.
- This recipe can be created ahead of time, preferably the day before game-day.
- Prepare as directed using your favorite flavor of gelato. We also like salted caramel!
Per Serving: 103 calories; 6.5 g fat; 10.6 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 57 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite recipe creations. We love the crisp of the RITZ with the huge crunch of the hazelnuts, the sweet of the gelato and the saltiness of the cracker...
These are surprisingly great! I used sea salt caramel gelato and had to work quickly because it melts quite quickly! This makes an easy and tasty bite----you just have to think about making th...
Sweet, salty, crunchy, and creamy - all in one bite! Delicious . . . nuff said.
oh wow. YUM!!! The hardest part about this recipe is the waiting. I could only find sea salt caramel gelato and the combo was nothing short of amazing! Great recipe!
This was one of the best foods I have ever ate. The rich chocolate melted in my mouth. Sweet and slightly salty, it was great.
These were so yummy! I had never tried gelato before and I loved it especially sandwiched between Ritz crackers and dipped in chocolate. My daughter was not a fan of the semi sweet chocolate so ...
FANTASTIC! These are so easy, and my kids can't wait for their special desserts tonight. Plus, one is the perfect portion! I used a stracciatella (Italian chocolate chip) gelato that I had in...