Ingredients40 m servings 206 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar together in a bowl. Mash butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs; press into bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until crusty and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the crust.
- Beat eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest together until the eggs are beaten. Stir remaining 1/4 cup flour and 3/4 cup sugar into the egg mixture; pour over the chocolate chips and crust.
- Bake until set in the middle, about 15 minutes more. Cool slightly in baking dish set on a wire cooling rack. Sift confectioners' sugar over the bars and cool completely before cutting to serve.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 7.5 g fat; 32.9 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Very sweet, even though I didn’t use a full cup of confectioner’s sugar for the topping. Do let the bars cool completely to get a good/even cut on the bars. I cut them too soon, and they were...
we are going to keep this, it's basically a lemon bar with something more, that makes it less "homey" and even good to serve when you have company. I followed the directions to a T, but for the ...
These are sweet but I have quite the sweet tooth so they were perfect for me! I made these for a Father's Day BBQ and everyone liked them. I used a little more white chocolate chips than calle...
These are a little bit too sweet. I like a little more tartness in my lemon bars. Next time I will cut back on the sugar. Very easy to make.
Made the recipe exactly as is, and it turned out really well. The only ingredient I didn't use in the given amount was the confectioner's sugar. (Only added a light sprinkle as I didn't want the...
A theater company I am involved with has a dessert auction fundraiser every year. Last year I made these and they got auctioned Off for 65 dollars. The woman who got them said they were the mo...
I made this just as it was written. They came out delicious. My brother would have ate the whole pan if his diet would have let him!