Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 204
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Beat white sugar and butter together in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in eggs. Stir creamed butter mixture, cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons liqueur, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract into flour mixture until dough is just combined.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead, adding flour as needed to keep from dough sticking to your hands. Roll dough, 1 to 2 tablespoons per cookie, in your hands and form a log-shape; twirl log into desired shape. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of cookies are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons liqueur, water, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract together in a bowl until icing is creamy. Dip cookies into icing. Place a piece of waxed paper under a wire rack and place cookies on wire rack to cool.
You might also like
Per Serving: 204 calories; 5.4 36 3.7 41 122 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was so hungry for deeply flavored Chocolate Cookies (without Chocolate Chips or icing) and I had a hard time finding this recipe. These are not just for Christmas, but anytime! They are del...