Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Ham
made it | 0 reviews |
"Hearty enough for an entree or a full-bodied side dish. My own creation trying to blend sweet and savory. Hope you enjoy and let me know all your adaptations for the under-used sweet potato! Lots of variations are possible with this. The chipotle and salty ham were a great kick with the sweetness of the potato and pineapple. No other sugars were needed. Hope you like it!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 372 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake sweet potatoes in the preheated oven until softened, about 1 hour.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion and red bell pepper until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add ham, 1/2 the pineapple, and chipotle powder; saute over low heat until heated through, about 5 more minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides, leaving a thin shell. Blend sweet potatoes in a blender or mash in a bowl with a potato masher. Stir the remaining pineapple, nutmeg, and cinnamon into mashed sweet potatoes.
- Return mashed sweet potato mixture to the shells and top each with ham mixture.
- Cook's Note:
- To check the doneness of the potatoes, squeeze them with an oven mitt on your hand. They should 'give' a little.
- You can also cook sweet potatoes in the microwave if desired.
- Easy to reheat in the microwave or covered with aluminum foil in the oven.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 13.5 g fat; 53.5 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 19 mg cholesterol; 559 mg sodium. Full nutrition