Pork Roast and White Beans
"I adjusted this recipe, after seeing one with similar ingredients that had far more steps and ingredients. Using salsa in place of canned tomatoes and chopped onions not only saves time, but also offers the ability to add spice, by using medium or hot salsa. I make this in both the slow cooker and oven."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 10 m servings 354
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place roast into the slow cooker; add bay leaves to bottom of slow cooker. Pour beans, salsa, and beer over and around roast.
- Cook on Low, 7 to 8 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you choose to make this in the oven, use 2 bottles of beer to ensure enough liquid. Cook at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 3 hours.
- For a smaller roast, just cut the rest of the ingredients in half, but still use a full beer.
- Great Northern beans can be substituted for the cannellini beans.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 354 calories; 13.4 28.1 27.4 72 386 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This turned out well--moist and tender. I added some chopped onion on the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkled the roast all over with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. I used medium salsa...