- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Core and cut tomatoes in quarters lengthwise; squeeze out seeds. Place, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the garlic, thyme, 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Roast, turning occasionally, until very soft and shriveled, about 2 and a half hours; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut asparagus into thirds crosswise. Cook asparagus in 1 inch of lightly salted water until bright green and firm, 3 to 5 minutes; rinse with cold water; drain well. In small bowl, toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the scallions; set aside.
- To prepare dressing: In small bowl, stir remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside. To serve: With a large spoon, scoop Avocado from shells; cut each half into 8 slices lengthwise. On each of 8 salad plates, place asparagus and tomatoes in rows; top with Avocado slices. Stir dressing; drizzle over salads.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 19.3 8.1 2.5 0 80 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I thought this was a different type of recipe to try for roasted vegetables. I have never roasted tomatoes in an oven for a long period of time and may do that again for another salad. When I we...
My husband and I LOVED this recipe! I did use fresh thyme, because I had some in my herb garden that survived the winter here in Georgia. This salad was light, fresh and tasty. The perfect bite ...
This was delicious, just...really satisfying. I literally ate huge platefuls of this, a meal in itself. I couldn't find sherry vinegar, so I went with rice vinegar instead. While that was good, ...
What a refreshing and wonderful salad! Loved it. Fresh and delicious, Thank you!
Very good- left out the thyme and subbed white balsamic for the sherry vinegar. Nice flavors! Love a perfectly ripe avocado!
Delicious salad. I wanted the tomatoes to have a firmer texture to offset the avocado so didn't cook as long. I used 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and substituted thinly sliced shallots for the ...
Big hit at my house! I followed the recipe closely, except that 2-1/2 hours was too long to roast the tomatoes. I took them out after 2 hours and they were way more done than the picture. How...