Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 57
Original recipe yields 45 servings (45 1-inch squares)
- Butter a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a heavy, large saucepan; bring to a boil. Heat to 245 degrees F (118 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Gradually stir cream and butter into cranberry mixture, keeping the boil steady. Cook until 245 degrees F (118 degrees C) is reached again, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Cool caramel in pan on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Remove caramel from pan, cut, and wrap individually or serve from pan.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For pineapple caramels, drain one 8-ounce can of crushed pineapple. Blend in a blender until pureed and use in place of cranberries.
- Recipe can be doubled and put in a 9x13-inch pan.
Per Serving: 57 calories; 2 10.4 0.1 6 26 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The cranberry caramels are a little softer than the pineapple ones. Roll the cooled cranberry caramels into balls and chocolate dip them. They make a wonderful soft center chocolate!