Simple Turtles® Pumpkin Pie
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a very simple and delicious recipe. The combination of caramel, pecans, pumpkin, and a graham cracker crust brings the flavors together. Taste-wise I prefer to make a homemade crust, but a pre-made graham cracker crust can be substituted to reduce prep time. It is a staple in our family around the holidays and has won several cooking contests. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Store leftovers in the refrigerator."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 367
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a mixing bowl until evenly moistened; press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is lightly browned and smells toasted, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Spread 1/4 cup caramel topping onto the cooled crust. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecan pieces over the caramel topping.
- Whisk milk, pumpkin, pudding mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl until well combined. Stir 1 1/2 cups whipped topping into pumpkin mixture. Spread pumpkin mixture into crust. Spread remaining whipped topping over the top of the pie. Refrigerate pie until chilled, at least 1 hour. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons pecans atop the pie and drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel using a fork.
- TURTLES® is a registered trademark of DeMet's Candy Company.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 19.4 48.3 3 20 504 Full nutrition