Ingredients30 m servings 142
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant and lightly browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour mixture into a ramekin or small bowl and cool.
- Blend cooled garlic-oil mixture, garbanzo beans, lime juice, peanut butter, coconut milk, chili sauce, lemon grass, basil, ginger, curry paste, jalapeno pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and chili powder together in a blender until smooth.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any of the ingredients can go from half to double what's shown based on your taste. Want it creamier? Double the coconut milk. Less sweet? Halve the sweet pepper sauce.
- Water, lime juice, or coconut milk can be added to loosen it up if it gets thick.
- Because of the coconut oil and milk, this will become a rather solid hummus when refrigerated. Plan ahead for serving so that it may warm and become spreadable/dip-able.
Per Serving: 142 calories; 9.4 13.8 3.9 0 315 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
12.7.15 A lot of ingredients for hummus, but the finished product is worth the effort. I used a can of garbanzo beans, drained & reserved the liquid, and ended up adding about 2 Tbsp of the li...
I made this recipe for a Ladies' event at church. It was a hit!!! Everyone wanted the recipe. :) I left out the PB as some cannot eat it. The hummus still came out wonderful. No one in the...
Extraordinary! Love the depth of flavor! I followed the recipe to the letter and it was fantastic. Wouldn't alter a thing.
Worth the trouble to find all the ingredients. Exotic flavor with a sweet pop combine with the deep chickpea flavor to create an amazingly new combo.
Excellent! I added tahini that I made from one of your recipes and garnished it with roasted garlic and olive oil. It was creamy and fresh.