Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 105
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square cake pan or line with parchment paper.
- Process garbanzo beans in a food processor until smooth. Add cinnamon and cloves and pulse until combined. Add eggs, sugar, baking powder, and orange zest; process until just combined. Stir orange juice into garbanzo mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
- Cook's Note:
- Other spices can be added or substituted (cloves or mixed spices). Less sugar can be used or a suitable sugar substitute.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 105 calories; 1.9 19.4 3.5 56 215 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I made this for a friend who has to follow a gluten free diet. She was so surprised to have a cake she could actually eat safely. I thought the orange flavor was overwhelmed by the spices, but...
Very nice flavour,hard to believe there is no flour. Best eaten the day it's baked. Mine was completely baked in 40 minutes. I would definitely recommend lining the bottom of the pan w/parchment...
I made this cake today and I was very impressed how well it turned out. It is a very simple and easy recipe that turned out tasting great.We had it for dessert topped with cool whip and it taste...
Made as written except for the cloves. Will make this again for sure. My son has no idea it's healthy lol
The first time I made this I thought it was too crumbly... then I realized that I had used a full 19 oz. can of beans.... I was disappointed that it didn't taste like orange, rather more like...
I made this with some dried chickpeas I cooked in the instant pot that were just a little softer than canned chickpeas. I cooked the cake for 30 minutes and it came out with the texture similar...
Served it to guests topped with a cream cheese frosting flavored with a little orange extract (very little, just an enhancement) and they raved over it. It's a very dense cake, like a brownie a...
I made half this recipe with 1 cup chickpeas and 2 eggs and used honey instead of sugar. I used half an orange and omitted the spices and baked in a shallow pan. I was really impressed with the ...