Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 1105
Original recipe yields 6 servings (3 dozen cookies)
- Beat white sugar and 1 cup butter together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat sour cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract into butter mixture.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add flour mixture to sour cream mixture and stir well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll cookie dough out on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 3-inch round cookies and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies spring back when lightly touched in the center, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Beat 1/3 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled cookies.
You might also like
Per Serving: 1105 calories; 52.3 148.3 12.5 219 819 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I dont' know if the dough will be stiff enough to roll. I think the measurements are off as when I check other similar recipes, this has double the sour cream and double the butter for the same...