Papa's Angel Pie
Aleasha Wales Shelnutt
Ingredients55 m servings 450 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar and baking powder, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak.
- Fold crackers and pecans into the egg whites. Add vanilla and stir.
- Bake pie in preheated oven until set in the middle, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream with pinch sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the cream will form sharp peaks. Top cooled pie with whipped cream to serve.
Per Serving: 450 calories; 34.3 g fat; 34.1 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 154 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
In my family this is called mystery pie. My step father has won so many recipe contests with this pie!! Our topping is a mixture of cool whip and 1 package of cream cheese whipped together. He t...