Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 264
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; saute potatoes, onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper until just tender, about 20 minutes. Stir 3 cups milk into potato mixture and heat until almost boiling, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Bring water and chicken bouillon to a boil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot.
- Combine flour, 7 tablespoons milk, egg, dill, parsley, 1 teaspoon pepper, and salt together in a bowl until dough is stiff. Add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed. Roll dough into ropes about 1/2-inch thick on a work surface. Cut ropes into 1/4-inch pieces and drop into boiling broth. Reduce heat, cover Dutch oven with a lid, and simmer until knoephla begin to float, about 10 minutes.
- Stir potato mixture into broth and knoephla; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If you are watching sodium, you can use 4 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of water instead of the bouillon.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 12.9 30.7 7 52 457 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
First time making this and it was amazing! Creamy and comforting on a chilly evening. :)
This soup is exactly what it says it is! I was looking for something I could make with ingredients on hand and found this. Very rich, yummy and satisfying. I was worried about making dumplings f...
When I originally read the recipe I saw that this used two separate pots, which seemed burdensome to me. I've always made my potatoes in the broth and added in the dumplings when the potatoes ...
I tried this and will probably do it again we added ground sausage and forgot the dill I think next time I might try using whopping biscuits for my dumplings I will post an update on the success...
I was lazy and had pre packed dough. Next time I will make the dough too. I also used only 1 cup water and the rest chicken broth. I only used 2 potatoes but used carrots and celery instead of t...
It’s very good. If your not a fan of a lot of pepper, I’d use less than it says, maybe half. Other than that it was wonderful!