Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 145
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 cookies)
- Beat 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter and sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add almond extract to butter mixture and beat until well blended.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Gradually add flour mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time, to butter mixture, beating well after each addition until dough is just mixed. Beat green food coloring into dough until desired color is reached. Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 1-inch wide log. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Arrange wooden sticks on prepared baking sheet.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange 3 slices next to each other on each wooden stick, about halfway up the stick. Place 2 dough slices above the 3 dough slices, overlapping middle slices slightly, forming a tree-shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Extracts are very concentrated flavorings derived from a variety of foods. A wide assortment of extracts and flavorings are available in the spice section of the supermarket. To change up these cookies, use other extract such as lemon, instead of the almond extract.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 9.1 14.9 1.3 24 142 Full nutrition