Asian Zucchini-and-Chicken Burgers
Ingredients45 m servings 506
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mix ground chicken, zucchini, green onions, bread crumbs, chile paste, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, fish sauce, ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Form into 4 patties and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, flip, and continue baking until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Whisk mayonnaise, chile-garlic sauce, mustard, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl.
- Spread sauce onto cut sides of hamburger buns. Stack lettuce, tomato, and onion onto one side of each bun. Top vegetables with a burger and complete sandwiches with remaining bun halves.
- Cook's Note:
- Chicken burgers tend to be quite loose prior to cooking, but don't compensate by adding extra bread crumbs. I like to form them in my hands and place on wax paper until I am ready to cook them.
Per Serving: 506 calories; 20.7 47.2 33.6 74 1038 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Too much heat. Next time I will go with half the sambel oelek and only half a teaspoon of pepper flakes. Otherwise good flavor. Didn't use breadcrumbs and it held just fine.
i left out half of the zucchini it was still difficult to form the burgers.. i left out the red pepper flakes and still found the heat to be overpowering..
My family loved these. I made a couple small changes to the patties, though: 1 tsp sriracha instead of chili paste and 1 pinch red pepper flakes. It was plenty of heat for us.