Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
Ingredients20 m servings 326
- Blend cereal in a blender or food processor until it has the consistency of bread crumbs; pour into a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl until smooth. Pour rice flour into a third bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the rice flour, dip in beaten egg, and then press into the cereal to coat. Keep breaded chicken on a large plate until all are finished, but do not stack.
- Pour enough oil into a large skillet to just cover the bottom and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken nuggets in hot oil until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 326 calories; 8.6 24 36.4 179 249 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Good recipe foundation here.. I used Rice Chex because that is what I had on hand and I made it the consistency of panko crumbs. I seasoned the chicken pieces with salt and pepper before coating...
We used gluten free bread crumbs instead of cereal, and everyone in the family was in LOVE with this fun "kid friendly" meal. My husband added a little Cajun seasoning to the flour mix for one b...
The first time we made this we had some gluten-free bread crumbs we wanted to use; everyone loved it. I also used a basic gluten-free flour blend instead of plain rice flour. This time we foll...
My toddler love's these, they're great the next day too, reheated. :-)
I made this while my Mom was visiting (she has full blown celiac disease) and they were a total hit!! The chicken was really soft and tender and my kids loved it too! Definitely prefer rice flou...
By far the best chicken nuggets we've had. Definitely a family favorite. Loved the crunch!
I use the gluten free brown rice flour to coat the chicken and fry in either grape seed oil or olive oil. Delicious!