'Whiz Wit' Chili
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 469 cals
- Heat enough olive oil to lightly coat onions in a large pot over medium heat. Stir onion into the oil, season with garlic salt, and cook until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove onions to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Heat more oil in the pot as needed to coat bell peppers completely in oil. Stir green bell pepper into the hot oil and season with garlic salt. Cook and stir pepper until tender, about 5 minutes; transfer to plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Heat more oil in the pot as needed to coat beef completely in oil. Stir sliced beef into the hot oil; season with garlic salt. Cook the beef, breaking apart clumped pieces with a spoon as you stir, until mostly browned, about 5 minutes. Season beef with chili seasoning mix and continue cooking until the beef is no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir processed cheese spread into the beef mixture. Pour spicy tomato sauce over the beef and stir until the cheese and sauce are smoothly mixed. Add just enough tomato sauce to the beef mixture so the beef can simmer in liquid but is not submerged; add kidney beans, cooked onion, and cooked pepper. Add more tomato sauce to the mixture again to just coat the ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the beef and beans reach your desired texture, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Another option for the spicy sauce would be to use diced green chilies. Place 1 can diced green chilies in a food processor and process until they are mostly liquid, then add to the pot. Then add the regular tomato sauce.
Per Serving: 469 calories; 34.5 g fat; 20.9 g carbohydrates; 20.3 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 1851 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Since our three year old's favorite dish is chili(we eat it at least once a week) and my husband is a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan; I thought this recipe would appease both of them and chang...