Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 315
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and peel.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mash sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup butter, and white sugar together in a bowl. Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla extract into sweet potato mixture using an electric mixer until smooth; pour 1/2 the mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix brown sugar, coconut, pecans, and flour together in a bowl; stir in 3 tablespoons butter until evenly coated. Sprinkle 1/2 the topping over sweet potato mixture. Pour remaining sweet potato mixture over topping and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and topping is lightly browned, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 315 calories; 18.3 35.4 4.2 64 149 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Definitely will make it again!!! I added a little over 1/2 cup real maple syrup instead of the white sugar and adjusted the milk to compensate
This made a tasty side dish, not too sweet and the addition of the pecans and coconut added a nice crunch.
We love this recipe and my men in law all love it. The only change I make is to omit the coconut. It's not overly sweet, our comfort food.