Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 489
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch casserole dish.
- Mix sweet potatoes, white sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, eggs, salt, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a bowl until smooth; spread into the prepared casserole dish.
- Stir brown sugar, pecans, and 1/3 cup butter together in a bowl. Mix flour into pecan mixture using your hands until evenly coated and crumbly; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and praline topping is lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Cool slightly before serving, at least 25 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a hand mixer for the sweet potato mixture for a smoother result. Just use a wooden spoon if you prefer a more rustic casserole with chunks of sweet potatoes.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 20.7 73.1 5.7 66 378 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I made half of this recipe using three very large sweet potatoes (35 oz when they were cooked and peeled,) and it was outstanding! I'm in the process of baking it again right now. It's ridiculou...
This is my go-to Thanksgiving/Christmas recipe, & I have been making it for years. My only changes are to add 1/4 tsp nutmeg and up the cinnamon to a full tbs for personal taste. I also add a ri...
I didn't use sugar in potato part (just the topping) . My family LOVED IT! They want it to become our new traditional dish for all special occasions.
I whipped the sweet potatoes with a hand mixer, but other than that, I followed the recipe. Everyone said it was great and even asked for the recipe. I will be making it for the Christmas meal ...
It was a winner. I made exactly as the recipe stated. Everyone enjoyed it. The next time I make it I am going to reduce sugar to 1/2 cup. It was too sweet. That could be because the canned pota...
I made this for Thanksgiving and boy was it just what I was looking for! The filling was just the right consistency and the crust was the perfect crisp. I will absolutely keep this forever- now ...
Add about 2 cups of mini marshmallows before topping with the crunch, then bake. YUM-EEE!!!