Creamy Risotto-Style Chicken and Rice
made it | 0 reviews |
"Savory dinners like this one-skillet creamy chicken and rice allow you to transform on-hand ingredients into a delicious meal your whole family will enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 476 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (6 cups)
- Season the chicken with the thyme and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned and cooked through, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the onion, red pepper and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring often.
- Add the rice and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the rice is lightly browned. Stir in 1 cup stock. Stir in the remaining stock and the soup and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is hot, stirring often. Sprinkle with the cheese and parsley.
- Recipe Note: For even more veggies, stir in 1 cup thawed frozen peas with the chicken in Step 5.
Per Serving: 476 calories; 12.1 g fat; 53.7 g carbohydrates; 35.3 g protein; 77 mg cholesterol; 411 mg sodium. Full nutrition