Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 511 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the saucepot.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion and pepper strips to the saucepot and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the wine to the saucepot and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the saucepot. Cook for 1 minute or until the wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomatoes and soup. Return the chicken to the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Alternate Preparation: You can also make this dish in a slow cooker! Omit the oil. Season the chicken as directed above. Stir the onion, peppers, garlic, wine, tomatoes and soup in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Per Serving: 511 calories; 16 g fat; 34.5 g carbohydrates; 49.7 g protein; 128 mg cholesterol; 563 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made this recipe as directed, without substitutions. I served it over basmati rice. For a week night dinner, it's a good choice -- easy and quick, and made with ingredients that are usually on...