Ingredients55 m servings 672 cals
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the lemon. Stir the stock, tomatoes, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the shallots and garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the stock mixture to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the olives, capers, basil and cheese. Serve with the couscous.
- Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer--just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you're using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.
Per Serving: 672 calories; 18.4 g fat; 77.5 g carbohydrates; 48.2 g protein; 100 mg cholesterol; 983 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I will cut back on the lemon juice but the flavors with a spinach side salad and a glass of red wine were delicious. I used rice instead of couscous and put that on the bottom of the dish with t...
Made this as written and it was delicious. Season with salt and pepper to your liking to offset lemon, if needed. The sauce was excellent. I served over farro rather than rice.
Sautéed the garlic and shallots in the oil prior to adding the chicken. I thought it gave the chicken more flavor.
Wow love it! Hubby said it was almost as good as mushrooms and nothing is as good as mushrooms in his eyes. I added artichoke hearts and pappadam peppers as they were in the frig and I needed t...
I rarely review recipes, but this is worth praise. The flavors are so bright and fresh that I could barely stop eating it. The only thing I did different was season the chicken with paprika as...
I omitted olives and capers because we don't care for them. I added Artichokes and 1/2 a can of seasoned tomatoes (basil, oregano). It was very, very good!
This recipe is a KEEPER! I can only describe it as a party in your mouth when it comes to flavor! The shallots, lemon, and olives along with the chicken stock...ugh! Just FABULOUS! It's kind of ...